Progress has been made on the new research center over the past few weeks. The room now has new paint and carpet. Volunteers are helping to rearrange both Archives and Collections storage rooms to make space for the Research Center to relocate. Once this is completed, and the new doors arrive, the Research Center can move to its new home down the hall.
New Resaerch Center entrance before piant and new carpet.
Image above is the new Resaerch Center entrance after new paint and carpet.
Volunteers are needed in March to help with many projects from light construction to physically moving furniture, boxes and equipment. If you are interested in helping, please contact Danelle.
With all of the exciting changes, you can also help financially by making a donation by mail or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that currently need financial support:
- $2,500 to purchase new microfilm reader printers in the Research Center (balance remaining after a $10,000 Legacy Grant)
- $3,000 to purchase two compact shelving units for collections storage
- $3,000 to purchase padded stackable chairs for the new meeting room
- $4,000 covers one of seven quarterly building acquisition payments
- $10,500 for Facility Conditions Assessment, Feasibility Study and Schematic Drawings – to help us prioritize and evaluate necessary repairs.
- $20,000 for renovations to the new Research Center and Volunteer Workroom including: new hallway entrance, carpet and paint.
- $1 Million to fully realize our vision of the new Blue Earth County History Center!
Continue to follow our expansion progress and updated wish list on our blog. Also, now is a great time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or email@example.com.