We are excited to start working in the lower level of the building this week. We have a lot to get ready before our new traveling exhibit opening on August 16 and our Open House on September 27.
|Future space for Musuem Gift Shop and Traveling Exhibits.|
BECHS is currently seeking volunteers to do some light construction and cleaning in the lower level. We have assembled a list of tasks that need to be done before the painters can paint the walls or store merchandise can be moved. For more information about these projects or to help, please contact Danelle. We are hoping to have people start this week or next week on many of these projects.
We also need to raise funds to support the building acquisition and improvements. You can help financially by making a donation by check or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that we are currently seeking financial support for (a regularly updated list can be found here on the blog):
- $500 for hanging art display panels for the new Marian Anderson Art Gallery.
- $500 to purchase a hanging art track system for the new art gallery.
- $1,000 for store fixtures for the new Museum Gift Shop. Fulfilled
- $1,000 to purchase compact textile hanging racks. Fulfilled
- $3,000 for Building Signage - interior and exterior.
- $3,000 to purchase two compact shelving units for collections storage.
- $4,000 for interior painting of lower level.
- $4,000 covers one of seven quarterly building acquisition payments
- $5,000 to construct the new interior entrance for the soon-to-be relocated Research Center
- $1 Million to fully realize our vision of the new Blue Earth County History Center.
Continue to follow our expansion progress and updated wish list here on our blog. Also, now is the time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or email@example.com.