We have made great progress in the past week thanks to some great volunteers. This past weekend, the wall that was put up in 1988 to help separate the two levels was removed, making it easier for staff, volunteers and visitors to move between the two floors. To help our volunteers know what projects and cleaning needs to be done downstairs, all they need to do is look for one of several post-it notes. If you would like to help with any of the projects, please contact Danelle, there are a lot of post-it notes.
|Wall blocking stairwell||Wall coming down - Thanks Neal!||Stairwell after the wall came down|
We also need to raise funds to support the building acquisition and improvements. You can help financially by making a donation by check or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that currently need financial support:
- $500 to purchase or build a new reception desk.
- $500 to purchase hanging art display panels for the new Marian Anderson Art Gallery.
- $500 to purchase a hanging art track system for the new art gallery.
- $1,000 for store fixtures for the new Museum Gift Shop.
- $1,000 to expand our network and DSL into the lower level.
$1,000 to purchase compact textile hanging racks.Fulfilled
- $2,000 to purchase chairs for the new meeting room.
- $3,000 for Building Signage - interior and exterior.
- $3,000 to purchase two compact shelving units for collections storage.
- $4,000 for interior painting of lower level.
- $4,000 covers one of seven quarterly building acquisition payments
- $5,000 to construct the new interior entrance for the soon-to-be relocated Research Center
- $1 Million to fully realize our vision of the new Blue Earth County History Center.
Continue to follow our expansion progress and updated wish list here on our blog. Also, now is the time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.