Over the past month, work on our expansion into the lower level has continued. The walls are painted and the new Museum Gift Shop and Marian Anderson Art Gallery is being prepared for the store merchandise. Come and see the results of our hard work this Saturday, September 27 with the Community Open House and Member Appreciation. Enter through our new entrance along Warren Street and visit the new Gift Shop and Art Gallery. Then explore our newly expanded space which includes the traveling exhibit “Minnesota Disasters”. There is also free admission to the Museum and nooks and crannies tours of the building. Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and everyone is welcome. (Free for BECHS Members, $5 for non-members) To help celebrate the opening of the new Art Gallery, Marian Anderson will be on-site from 1-3 p.m. to autograph prints purchased that day. We hope to see you there!
We still need to raise funds to support the building acquisition and improvements. You can help financially by making a donation by check or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that currently need financial support:
- $2,500 to build a new reception desk
- $3,000 to expand our network and DSL into the lower level and install a surveillance system
- $2,000 to purchase chairs for the new meeting room.
- $3,000 for Building Signage - interior and exterior.
- $3,000 to purchase two compact shelving units for collections storage.
- $4,000 covers one of seven quarterly building acquisition payments
- $5,000 for interior painting of lower level.
- $5,000 to construct the new interior entrance for the soon-to-be relocated Research Center
- $1 Million to fully realize our vision of the new Blue Earth County History Center.
Continue to follow our expansion progress and updated wish list on our blog. Also, now is a great time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or email@example.com.