Snippets of Blue Earth County History:
[Beauford Creamery, 1990s]
Being in the Winnebago Indian Reservation, this town [Beauford] was not settled until after the removal of the Indians. Up to 1866 it was known as 'Winnesheik,' and was attached to Mapleton for official purposes. March 13, 1866, the county commissioners gave it the name Beauford after a town in the East, from which a number of the settlers had come, and the meeting for organization was ordered to be held at the home of John Frey in Section 11 of Beauford Township. Continue reading . . .
This snippet is from The Heritage of Blue Earth County by Julie Schrader. To read the full article, please visit the Research Center.