K-12 FIELD TRIP/SCHOOL TOURS
Fun, engaging history programs at two museums.
The History Center and Museum and the Historic R.D. Hubbard House are important resources within reach for local educators. A field trip to the History Center or Hubbard House engages students through interactive experiences led by our staff and volunteers. The History Center offers educationally appropriate grade level tours for students from preschool through 5th grades. For students in 6th grade and at upper grade levels, tours are topic driven.
K-12 School Tour Pricing:
$3.00 per student
Teachers and chaperones are free at a 1 adult to 10 student ratio.
Guided, interactive tours based on Minnesota Social Studies Standards. Contact us at 507-345-5566 to schedule a tour or click here to fill out a request form.
- Preschool: History Play Date - Blue Earth County History Center
- Kindergarten: If You Lived Long Ago; Life in Pioneer Times - Blue Earth County History Center
- First Grade: School Life Long Ago and Today - Blue Earth County History Center
- Second Grade: This Special Place – Bdote (Meeting Place of Two Waters) and Bison in Blue Earth County - Blue Earth County History Center
- Third Grade: How Did They Do That? - Discovery Tour - Historic R.D. Hubbard House
- Fourth Grade: Survival Minnesota: Stories, Facts and Legends - Blue Earth County History Center
- Fifth Grade: The Bounty of our County: Diversity in Blue Earth County - Blue Earth County History Center
- Sixth Grade and Up: Topics include Minnesota History of Blue Earth County
We are happy to discuss special programs and research projects to meet your curriculum and classroom needs.
School Site Visits
The HIstory Center offers Educational Classroom Site Visits for grade levels through 6th grade at this time. (For students in upper grade levels, presentations are topic drive.)
Site visits with museum artifacts from the Histoty Center Study Collection support social studies/history education by providing helpful introductions to a wide range of issues and ideas about history.
Site visits include a program, artifacts from the History Center Study Collection and may include a PowerPoint presentation and/or activity.
K-12 Site Visit base price is $25/session, prices vary with special requests.