R. D. HUBBARD HOUSE ASSISTANT
The R. D. Hubbard House Assistant is a part-time, seasonal position that exists for the operation of the Blue Earth County Historical Society (BECHS) R. D. Hubbard House and will work with the BECHS staff and volunteers to meet the needs of visitors to the house. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the seasonal operation (May-September) of the R. D. Hubbard House, including the areas of tours, visitor services, gift shop, maintenance, cleaning and security.
- Provide guided tours and educational programs to the general public
- Develop and implement living history programs
- Oversee the display and security of objects in the main house and carriage house; and perform light conservation as directed.
- Maintain accurate gift shop sales records and inventory at the Hubbard House Gift Shop
- Perform light cleaning and maintenance of the property.
- Interest in local history required. Knowledge of Minnesota history, Blue Earth County history, and/or 1900s Victorian history helpful.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone and with a variety of personalities. Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Good customer relations skills
- Professional attitude
- Ability to work the posted Hubbard House schedule:
- May – Saturday and Sunday 1-4 p.m. (7 hrs./week + scheduled tours);
- June – August – Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday 1-4 p.m. (16 hrs./week + tours);
- September - Saturday and Saturday 1-4 p.m. (7 hrs./week)
- Note: Hubbard House seasonal staff are allowed only ONE weekend day off PER month.
To Apply Send Resumes to:
Blue Earth County Historical Society
424 Warren Street
Mankato, MN 56001
Applications due no later than April 6 at 5 p.m.
Call for Proposals
Blue Earth County Historical Society invites you to submit a proposal for Strategic Marketing Communications Plan.
Blue Earth County Historical Society, a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1901, serves to lead in the collecting and promoting of Blue Earth County’s history to ensure its preservation for the enrichment and benefit of present and future generations.
Our organization seeks to develop a strategic marketing communications plan to
- Define our target audience(s)
- Determine best avenues to reach our target audience(s)
- Create a marketing communications plan that helps us increase engagement with our target audience(s).
More information about this can be found here, along with details regarding budget and selection criteria. Please submit your completed proposal no later than April 6, 2018 at 5 p.m.
BECHS is always looking for new volunteers. Fill out our volunteer application and we will be in touch.
BECHS has internships available for a variety of different majors. Please contact Jessica, Executive Director, for more information.