History Center Art Gallery
The History Center Art Gallery is open to the public during regular History Center hours and offers free general admission.
The current artists are from the Bend of the River Photo Club with their show titled: Then and Now: Blue Earth County Through the Lens
History Center Hallway Exhibits
The History Center Hallway Exhibits are open to the public during regular History Center hours and offers free general admission. They currently feature:
Paul Hadley Ship Models
Mankato Wacipi 40th Anniversary
Seppman Mill model
BECHS is currently displaying Celebrating Minnesota State, Mankato 150 Years: From Normal School to University in our temporary exhibit space. On view through November 25, 2017.
History Center Museum Gallery
The History Center Museum Gallery is open to the public during regular History Center hours and includes an admission fee. The Museum Gallery currently features:
- The Front Street Project - Explore Mankato’s Front Street during its heydays of the 1920s through the 1960s. Stroll through the exhibit to rediscover the places and people of Front Street’s past from its connection to the Minnesota River, industries that made their mark, shops that offered us the latest in fashions and everyday items, the diners, bars and soda fountains that always hit the spot and the community initiative that would change it forever. Then consider leaving your memories with us as part of the collective Front Street story.
- Diorama of Old Mankato 1865-1895 - Made by Orv and Mary Ann Jensen, this diorama covers Mankato's Front Street from Mulberry on North Front Street to Hickory Street on South Front Street. You never would have seen all the buildings and objects at any one time, but over 30 years you would have seen them all.
- Betsy-Tacy author Maud Hart Lovelace
- Steamboating on the Minnesota River
- Discover the Dakota
- Milling, Settlers and Farming
- The Welsh in Blue Earth County
$5 - Adults
$2 - Children 5-17
Free - BECHS Members and children under 5