It’s official, the building is ours! Over the next few weeks we will begin cleaning and painting the lower level before moving the Museum Gift Shop and Marian Anderson Art Gallery. One of the challenges that we face will be making sure that we can alter some of the walls within the building. If you would like to physically help with some of our light construction projects, please contact Jessica.
Future space for Marian Anderson Art Gallery and Museum Gift Shop.
We also need to raise funds to support the building acquisition and improvements. You can help financially by making a donation by check or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that we are currently seeking financial support for (a regularly updated list can be found at www.bechshistory.com):
- New or used 24"+ flat panel TV with built-in DVD player for new exhibits.
- $500 for hanging art display panels for new Marian Anderson Art Gallery.
- $3,000 to purchase 4 wood and glass display cases for new exhibits; we need to act fast as these cases are only available for a limited time.
- $5,000 for new interior entrance for the soon-to-be relocated Research Center
- $7,000 for Building Assessment to evaluate the condition of the mechanical and electrical systems, structural analysis, roof condition, and ADA requirements. This will help us prioritize and evaluate improvements.
Follow our expansion progress and updated wish list on our blog. Also, now is the time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or email@example.com.