Over the next few months, BECHS will be expanding to the lower level of our building on the corner of 5th and Cherry Streets in Mankato. We are excited to tryout the new space to see what works and what doesn't work before we embark on any major renovations.
|Future home for Traveling Exhibits|
We also need to raise funds to support the building acquisition and improvements. You can help financially by making a donation by check or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that we are currently seeking financial support for (a regularly updated list can be found at www.bechshistory.com):
- $500 to purchase hanging art display panels for the new Marian Anderson Art Gallery
- $1,000 to purchase compact textile hanging racks; available for limited time only - store closing soon Wish Fulfilled
- $3,000 to purchase two compact shelving units for collections storage
- $4,000 covers one of seven quarterly building acquisition payments
- $5,000 to construct the new interior entrance for the soon-to-be relocated Research Center
- $10,500 for Facility Conditions Assessment, Feasibility Study and Schematic Drawings. This will help us prioritize and evaluate necessary repairs.
- $25,000 to replace flooring and carpeting on lower level. Existing carpet is heavily stained and worn.
- $1 Million to fully realize our vision of the new Blue Earth County History Center.
Continue to follow our expansion progress and updated wish list here on our blog. Also, now is the time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.