This past Saturday we opened our new traveling exhibit, Minnesota Disasters: Stories of Strength and Survival, in the lower level of our building. This exhibit was possible because of the expansion. If you did not have a chance to see the exhibit this past Saturday, it will be on display through October 4. Stop by and check out our new space and the progress made up to this point.
|Traveling Exhibit in the new Lower Level of BECHS.|
We still need to raise funds to support the building acquisition and improvements. You can help financially by making a donation by check or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that currently need financial support:
- $500 to purchase hanging art display panels for the new Marian Anderson Art Gallery.
- $500 to purchase a hanging art track system for the new art gallery.
- $1,000 to purchase or build a new reception desk.
- $1,000 for store fixtures for the new Museum Gift Shop.
- $1,000 to expand our network and DSL into the lower level.
$1,000 to purchase compact textile hanging racks.Fulfilled
- $2,000 to purchase chairs for the new meeting room.
- $3,000 for Building Signage - interior and exterior.
- $3,000 to purchase two compact shelving units for collections storage.
- $4,000 for interior painting of lower level.
- $4,000 covers one of seven quarterly building acquisition payments
- $5,000 to construct the new interior entrance for the soon-to-be relocated Research Center
- $1 Million to fully realize our vision of the new Blue Earth County History Center.
Continue to follow our expansion progress and updated wish list here on our blog. Also, now is a great time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or firstname.lastname@example.org