In the past month we have continued to work on our expansion. Our main entrance has moved to Warren Street which has a larger parking lot and a handicap accessible door. In the past week, the Executive Director’s office moved, joining the Gift Shop and Marian Anderson Art Gallery on the lower level.
Many people ask, “What is the next phase of the building expansion?” At the moment, we are waiting on a Facility Conditions Assessment before we start changes to the upper level. Plans for the upper level include moving the Research Center down the hall to a more central location for visitors.
We still need to raise funds to support the building acquisition and improvements. You can help financially by making a donation by check or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that currently need financial support:
- $500 for coffee shop equipment: countertop mini-fridge with clear door, condiment organizers, etc.
- $1,000 to install a surveillance system
- $2,500 to build a new reception desk
- $3,000 for exterior building signage and awning
- $3,000 to purchase two compact shelving units for collections storage
- $4,000 to purchase padded stackable chairs for the new meeting room
- $4,000 covers one of seven quarterly building acquisition payments
- $10,500 for Facility Conditions Assessment, Feasibility Study and Schematic Drawings – to help us prioritize and evaluate necessary repairs.
- $20,000 to for renovations to the new Research Center and Volunteer Workroom including: new hallway entrance, carpet and paint.
- $1 Million to fully realize our vision of the new Blue Earth County History Center!
Continue to follow our expansion progress and updated wish list on our blog. Also, now is a great time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.