R. D. HUBBARD HOUSE ASSISTANT
The R. D. Hubbard House Assistant is a part-time, seasonal position that exists for the operation of the Blue Earth County Historical Society (BECHS) R. D. Hubbard House and will work with the BECHS staff and volunteers to meet the needs of visitors to the house. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the seasonal operation (May-September) of the R. D. Hubbard House, including the areas of tours, visitor services, gift shop, maintenance, cleaning and security.
- Provide guided tours and educational programs to the general public
- Develop and implement living history programs
- Oversee the display and security of objects in the main house and carriage house; and perform light conservation as directed.
- Maintain accurate gift shop sales records and inventory at the Hubbard House Gift Shop
- Perform light cleaning and maintenance of the property.
- Interest in local history required. Knowledge of Minnesota history, Blue Earth County history, and/or 1900s Victorian history helpful.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone and with a variety of personalities. Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Good customer relations skills
- Professional attitude
- Ability to work the posted Hubbard House schedule:
- May – Saturday and Sunday 1-4 p.m. (7 hrs./week + scheduled tours);
- June – August – Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday 1-4 p.m. (16 hrs./week + tours);
- September - Saturday and Saturday 1-4 p.m. (7 hrs./week)
To Apply Send Resumes to:
Blue Earth County Historical Society
424 Warren Street
Mankato, MN 56001
Applications due by April 15 at 5 p.m.