The new Research Center is now open. The glass door has been installed and new microfilm readers/printers will be installed soon. There is a new copier is the room which allows us to make color copies for researchers. Our files of newspaper and information clippings now have their own room and table, located just off the main room. Researchers already love this new space.
This is not the end of our building projects. We still have lots of painting, light construction, moving, rearranging and re-imagining in our future on the upper level. If you are interested in helping, please contact Danelle.
With all of the exciting changes, you can also help financially by making a donation by mail or through our online donation page. Please specify “Building Fund” on your check or in the comment box. Here are a few specific projects that currently need financial support:
- $2,000 to purchase new microfilm reader printers in the Research Center (balance remaining after a $10,000 Legacy Grant)
- $2,500 to upgrade our building security system
- $3,000 to purchase two compact shelving units for collections storage
- $4,000 covers one of seven quarterly building acquisition payments
- $10,500 for Facility Conditions Assessment, Feasibility Study and Schematic Drawings – to help us prioritize and evaluate necessary repairs.
- $20,000 for renovations to the new Research Center and Volunteer Workroom including: new hallway entrance, carpet and paint.
- $1 Million to fully realize our vision of the new Blue Earth County History Center!
Continue to follow our expansion progress and updated wish list on our blog. Also, now is a great time to become a member or renew your support. If you have any questions about the building expansion, please contact Jessica at 507-345-5566 or email@example.com.