Come in for this brief sampling of the beauties of the Hubbard House. Built in 1871 in the French Second Empire style, the house was constructed of brick and wood on a cut stone basement. It is three stories high with a Mansard roof of colored slate shingles. The house was remodeled in 1888 at which time servants quarters, fireplaces, a bay window and an office were added. All the woodwork was replaced at that time using various species of wood: oak, cherry, maple and pine. The house had the first telephone in Mankato, indoor plumbing, electricity, and the most modern conveniences of the time.