Early Mankato Breweries, Part 2

Author: 
Gail Palmer
Issue Date: 
September 1985

Surveys the local industry to 1893, noting that the William Bierbauer Brewery (the first brewery west of St. Paul, Minnesota) was the only one still in existence in 1920 when the Prohibition Act was passed. The Bierbauer buildings were used until 1967, and demolished in 1971.

Key Word Search Terms: 
Blue Earth Brewery, Ibach, Graeber, Welsch, Gessler, Tinkom’s Addition, Haas, Schmidt, Lieferman, Lamm, Boelke, Jacoby, Wolf, Trout
Decade: 
1980-1989