Red Jacket Mill and the Red Jacket Bridge

Author: 
Julie Schrader
Issue Date: 
February 1992

Based on the author’s History of Blue Earth County, traces the grist mill from 1866-1872 and its part in wheat becoming the principal regional industry. Also focuses on the bridge built at the site of the mill in 1911, and the special three-car railroad train at its dedication. Finally, in 1960, the old single lane concrete bridge began to cave in and was replaced.

Key Word Search Terms: 
Le Sueur River, Scott, Harrington, Worden, Winnebago Reservation, Dickison, Hawley, Pearson, Schultz, Taylor, Palmer, Lamm, Snow
Decade: 
1990-1999