The Blue Earth County Historical Society presents the history and heritage of Blue Earth County through our Speaker’s Bureau which consists of Historical Presentations, Informational Presentations and Historic Site Tours available for groups, organizations, clubs, and more!
Historical presentations are a virtual tour of the Society’s collections through a historical topic. Presenters are experts, scholars and/or historians knowledgeable in their topic that represent the Society. Please see pricing below.
Informational presentations are focused on the Historical Society’s history. These presentations are free.
To arrange an Historical Presentation or Informational Presentation, contact Heather at 507-345-5566 or email@example.com. All presentations feature a PowerPoint presentation unless otherwise noted. Presenters will bring own equipment if necessary.
Historical Presentation Fee:
$50 for an existing topic scheduled during regular business hours
$100 for special requests, new topic presentations, hop-on bus tour guides, walking tours, and presentations scheduled outside regular business hours.
IRS Mileage rate charged for travel beyond 30 miles of the History Center.
List of Programs:
- 1918 Flu Epidemic
- Beginning Genealogy
- Blue Earth County Poor Farm History
- Cemetery Preservation (optional cemetery tour available)
- Cemetery Research 101
- Demystifying Your Family Photographs
- Historic Mankato Floods: 1881-1969
- Historic Minnesota Blizzards
- History of the Blue Earth County Courthouse – based on the BECHS book and DVD of the same title (optional DVD showing available)
- History of Minneopa State Park - based on the BECHS book by the same title
- How to Do Your House History
- Maud Hart Lovelace's Front Street
- Meet the Hubbard’s – based on the book by the same title
- Photograph and Paper Preservation 101
- Pocket and Purses (no PowerPoint)
- Quilt History (no PowerPoint)
- Remarkable Men of Garden City - based on the BECHS book by the same title
- Researching Local Newspapers
- Researching Probate Records
- Researching the Census
- The Multifaceted Carp - based on the BECHS book by the same title
- Uncovering Your Family History
- Union School, Mankato
- Urban Renewal - Mankato
- Welsh in Blue Earth County
- Women’s Club Movement in Blue Earth County
More added on a regular basis
Informational Presentation – Free
- History and Introduction to the Blue Earth County Historical Society