The Research and Genealogy Center contains an extensive collection of books, photographs, genealogical materials and manuscripts regarding Blue Earth County’s history. Researchers may request a search performed by a researcher for a small, adjustable rate (depending on the amount of time spent on the project). Research requests be charged a pro-rated $30 per hour fee. Copies are $0.25 per page.
- Newspaper Clipping files from the 1860s through present with topics related to Blue Earth County. Also newspaper clippings on numerous families in Blue Earth County.
- Microfilmed newspapers dating back to 1857 through 2006 (small town papers) or 2009 (Mankato Free Press)
- Over 18,000 Photographs
- Polk City Directories dating back to the 1870s
- Various yearbooks from Blue Earth County dating back to about 1900
- Various history books related to Blue Earth County and Southern Minnesota; some in relation to world events.
- Various family histories related to people from Blue Earth County. More resources are avaible in the Research Center to assist in looking up your own Blue Earth County Ancestors.
- A variety of first-hand business records and personal items in the Archives.
Please consult staff to know what is available. To request a search, contact the Research and Genealogy Center.
Visit our Indexes webpage for a few of the sources we have.
Research & Genealogy Center Hours Admission
Closed Sundays and Mondays Adults: $7.00
Tuesdays-Fridays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Children under 18: $3.00
Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. BECHS Members: Free