The Research Center contains an extensive collection of books, photographs, genealogical materials and manuscripts regarding Blue Earth County’s history. Researchers may request a search performed by the Archives Assistant for a small, adjustable rate (depending on the amount of time spent on the project). Research taking longer than one hour will be charged a $30 per hour fee. Copies are $0.25 per page. To request a search, contact the Research Center.
Some items of particular interest to researchers are:
- Minnesota Territorial census for 1857
- United States census for Blue Earth County, Minnesota 1860 through 1940 (there is no 1890 census for Minnesota)
- Minnesota State census for Blue Earth County from 1865-1905
- Cemetery Index: covers all of the cemeteries in Blue Earth County
- Blue Earth County City Directories: 1871-2000
- Obituary Index: covers 1880 to date
- Biography files: contains newspaper clippings and other items about many Blue Earth County families
- Maps and Atlases: Blue Earth County and some surroundings counties, 1874-1990
- Newspapers: Microfilm copies of all Blue Earth County Newspapers from 1857-2009
- Servicemen's Index and file: contains clippings from Blue Earth County newspaper regarding men and women serving during World War II
- Vertical File: contains newspaper clippings and other items about many topics
- Families Histories: printed histories for many Blue Earth County families
- Photograph Collection
- Church Histories: printed histories and many other items on Blue Earth County Churches
- Township Notebooks: Social brevities, 1879-1945
- Reference Library: Local and state history and genealogical resources
To see the list of indexes we have available online, visit our indexes page.
If you are interested in more information on the research center or assistance in your research, contact Research Center.
For other useful resources see:
- The Minnesota GenWeb Project
- University Archives and Southern Minnesota Historical Center
- USGenWEb Archives - Minnesota