The historic R.D. Hubbard House is one of the finest examples of the classic Victorian architecture to grace South Broad Street where numerous captains of industry resided. The Hubbard House survives in its original form, having been occupied by only the Hubbard family and the Blue Earth County Historical Society.
R.D. Hubbard-entrepreneur and founder of Hubbard Milling Company, which was the largest flour mill in southern Minnesota, built his house in three stages: 1871, 1888 and 1905. The family occupied the house until 1938 when purchased by the Historical Society. A quarter of the displayed furniture once belonged to the Hubbard family; the remainder of the furnishings and furniture date to the early 1900s. For more information about the Hubbard family, click here.
The Hubbard House is open seasonally for walk-in visits (see schedule below). In addition, tours of 10 or more people may be scheduled throughout the Hubbard House's summer season. Advance registration is required for group tours. For questions or to make tour arrangements, contact us!
During open hours, the Hubbard House can be reached at 507-345-4154. When the house is not open, the phone will ring, 4 times then ring over to the Blue Earth County History Center.
Hubbard House Open:
May and September: Saturdays and Sundays 1-4 p.m.
June, July and August: Fridays and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sundays, 1-4 p.m.
Closed October through April, Special hours in December.
December 2018 open December 1-2 for Christmas at the Hubbard House. Also open December 8, 9, 15 and 16 from 1-4 p.m. for Holiday tours.
Hubbard House Admission:
Adults - $7
Children 5-17 - $3
BECHS Memembers and Kids under 5 - Free
Like the Hubbard House on Facebook!
Hubbard House Gardens are cared for by the Twilight Garden Club.
Hubbard House Park
For more information about renting the Hubbard House Park, visit the rental page.